Monday, October 3, 2011

Cheap Discount Homeschool Books and Curriculum


I have fun finding great homeschool books and materials at a discount. It's almost a game. 

I pick up books and reference guides all over the place. I visit yard sales, used book stores, and second hand stores. Since the turn over at some of these places is fast, you might find nothing one day and a bunch of stuff another. Homeschool book sales are a gold mine. They are often held at the end or beginning of the school year.  

Recently we actually did an out and out swap through one of the homeschool boards. Nobody had to buy anything. We just all brought whatever we were no longer using and we could take anything that would be useful for our child(ren). 

If I find a series I like, I always google discount or cheap followed by the name. I buy a lot of home school books and materials at Amazon. I also check eBay, but don't often find anything there.

There are a few places that offer used homeschool curriculum  for sale. Just google it. Sam's club has several very nice workbooks for subjects up through about 4th grade. You can often find them for sale at a discount at homeschool book sales.   

If I know the subject I need something for and I'm not sure about what book or program to choose, while I'm researching I often read the reviews on Amazon. You can learn a lot by doing that.

The homeschool buyers co-op is free to join and offers great discounts on very nice programs. We've enjoyed several of them.

If you want to include on-line learning, time4learning is very inexpensive. We used it through 4th grade. Then my son lost interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment